The Granite Falls Historical Society was formed to promote and preserve the history
of Granite Falls, MN and the surrounding area.
The Andrew J. Volstead house was built in 1878 and was purchased by Congressman Volstead in 1894 and he owned it until 1930.
The house was privately owned until 1974 when it was put on the national register and named a National Landmark. The residence was made into a museum by the Minnesota Association of Co-Operatives and given to the city of Granite Falls in 1979.
The House is now home to the Granite Falls Historical Society.
Admission is $3 for non-members.
Tours by appointment call:
Mary 320-309-0092 or
Andrew J. Volstead House, 163 9th Ave,
Granite Falls, MN, 56241